Bush BU11FSRHD32

[ratings]

Bush Freesat+HD Digital Box (BU11FSRHD32)
Released: October 2011

Bush Freesat+HD Digital Box (BU11FSRHD32)

This product is now discontinued and the page will no longer be updated. You may still be able to buy this product from one of our listed retailers below, just follow the link.

STORE PRICE P+P DISCOUNT CODE TOTAL SHOP
Argos Visit Shop
Amazon Visit Shop
Currys Visit Shop
John Lewis Visit Shop
Satbuyer Visit Shop

*Discount codes must be entered when prompted at checkout to apply savings
No discounts at this time.

About the Bush BU11FSRHD32

Record up to 80 hours of content with this Bush 320GB HD TV Recorder with built-in Freesat. The twin tuner enables you to record 2 channels simultaneously or one whilst watching a previous recording. It also allows you to record a whole series in one click, pause live TV and even watch BBC iPlayer and ITV player.

Bush BU11FSRHD32 Specification

Digital TV features:

– Digitally interactive.
– Digital text.
– Favourite channels list.
– Digital video broadcasting (DVB) subtitles available.
– Auto setup.
– Auto scan for new channels.
– Now and next programme guide.
– 8 day electronic programme guide (EPG).
– Audio description compatible.

Recording features:

– Twin tuner.
– 320GB hard drive.
– 80 hours recording time.
– Record 2 channels at the same time.
– Record 1 channel whilst watching a previous recording.
– Continual 2 hour recording buffer.
– Series record.
– Pause live TV.

Connectivity:

– HDMI output (one cable included).
– 2 SCART sockets.
– 1 USB port.
– Ethernet connection.

Additional information:

– Upscales to 1080i.
– Remote control batteries required: 2 x AAA (included).

Energy efficiency information:

– On mode power consumption 22 watts.
– Standby power consumption 0.6 watt.
– Energy Saving Trust recommended.

Bush BU11FSRHD32 Online Reviews

Information to follow…

Bush BU11FSRHD32 Product Links

Information to follow…

86 thoughts on “Bush BU11FSRHD32”

  1. I have had this box since January and only now do I have a problem with it. It comes up with a DTR error and is tell me I need to reformat the hard drive….How do I do that?

      Quote

  2. I bought this box to replace Sky+ as I was getting fed up with the subscriptions for things I wasn’t really watching. This box would have been perfect but for the remote control issue meaning that we could only change channel if we were directly in front of the box and within 3ft, slightest angle and it wouldnt work.
    persevered for around 10 days but eventually was getting too frustrated so took it back for a refund. Most Freesat boxes seem to get pretty crappy reviews to be honest which is a shame as not everyone can splash out £250+ on Humax, its about time Freesat recognised this and stopped endorsing sub standard boxes. Currently I have switched to a basic FTA box but its not the same

      Quote

  3. How do I quickly delete recordings ?. ?At the moment I have over 100 hours of recorded programmes to delete and each one requires
    1)select programme,
    2)then red button delete,
    3)then yes I do want to delete,
    4)then up arrow to the next programe for deleting.
    There must be a quicker way to delete 100 hours of recordings as each deletion takes about 90 seconds. Sky plus requires one 5 second click to delete a programme.

      Quote

  4. Jan said:
    Where can I download a manual for bu11fsrhd32? It is asking for a PIN number for recorded programmes with a ‘g’ next to them ?..

    the number is 0000

      Quote

  5. PaddedPants said:
    Help!
    What is the USB socket for? It is not mentioned anywhere in the manual.
    Also, is there a way to see the box through my BT home hub?
    Apart from these issues I am very happy with the box, bought refurbished in January.

    Page 15

      Quote

  6. WOW, what a lot of complaints, but they are right this box is rubbish. Does anyone know how to reformat the hard drive (or just through in bin) as mine keeps flashing up ” DTR problem reformat hard drive”

      Quote

  7. I cant even get mine to find signal!! and its not a problem with my dish or wires, as they everything works perfectly fine on the other tvs in the house. going straight back to argos! x

      Quote

  8. Any one found a way to manually start a ‘new installation’? Got told I needed to do this and now the blue button on remote required to start search isn’t working grrrr!
    Thanks

      Quote

  9. Wendy said:
    Any one found a way to manually start a ‘new installation’? Got told I needed to do this and now the blue button on remote required to start search isn’t working grrrr!
    Thanks

    I got the same problem here. Trying to do First Time Install and can’t get past first stage. Turn it off, then on and it’s still on the same screen. Help please….

      Quote

  10. The box closed itself down. Now I have to retune but the box doesn’t react to the remote other than on and off and the buttons on the front of the box don’t do anything so I am stuck on the first time installation screen. Any advice please.

      Quote

  11. Had to buy a new Bush remote URC-3541 for my Bush freesat box BU11FSRHD32 but unable to install it with my box

      Quote

  12. Does any one know how to reformat hard drive, as mine keeps flashing up ” DTR problem reformat hard drive”

      Quote

  13. Paul said: I got the same problem here. Trying to do First Time Install and can’t get past first stage. Turn it off, then on and it’s still on the same screen. Help please….

    I have this problem too!! Help??

      Quote

  14. Hi
    I had the same problem with my box stuck on the first page of First Time Install.Not recognising the input from the Blue Button on the Remote Control.
    What worked for me was.I turned the box OFF. I then removed the cable from the satellite dish from the back of the box. Then when I turned the box on it had no signal to the tuners, but the blue button on the remote was recognised and when pushed took me to the third page. With the box still ON. I reconnected the satellite cable to the box. waited about one minute then entered my post code. A message appeared stating the post code was not recognised but that I could use the default location which I did. The unit then tuned my box to all the UK areas.
    When it had finished I was given the choice to View or enter the Menu, I entered the Menu and deleted the channels I did not want and set up the box to suit my television.
    The box has been on standby for several days now and has worked every time I have switched it on.
    I hope this might work for others stuck on the first page of the First Time Setup who find that the box will not take the Blue button input from the Remote Control.

      Quote

  15. JANICE said:
    Brought the Bush BU11FSRHD32 and set it up very quickly but my satalite connection only has one connection, so need to buy some type of connection but not sure what Im looking for, this should have been put in the manual what may be needed not all people has two connection.

    All you need is a new LNB on your dish change your single for a double usually about £10/15 and easy to do

      Quote

  16. Hello everyone, can anyone help me?,
    I can receive most but not all the channels that are listed for freesat.
    Do I need to do a new install, if so how?.
    How ca I get a user Manual?.
    Many thanks

      Quote

  17. Steven Morgam said: I have bought the same one and my dish has one connection. Is there any way I can ha e a splitter for two connections.

    If you go to ebay you can get a spitter for about £3 it has one input and 2 two outputs, work great I have one I use all the time

      Quote

  18. If you go to ebay you can get a spitter for about £3 it has one input and 2 two outputs, work great I have one I use all the time

      Quote

  19. Gordon Johnston said:
    If you go to ebay you can get a spitter for about £3 it has one input and 2 two outputs, work great I have one I use all the time

    Do not do this, this is shockingly bad advice, you cannot split a satellite signal in that way.

      Quote

  20. My bush bd11fsrhd32 freesat recorder needs hard drive reformating but
    Message says problems occurred and cant reformat. Is there a solution for this
    problem or is the box now scrap?

      Quote

  21. I stupidly bought a 500g Freesat set top box three years ago with the assurance that shortly I should have been able to watch On Demand TV. Sadly, I am still awaiting to be able to do so. They are in the habit of making reassuring promises but never ever live up to expectations. I’d NEVER EVER BUY OR RECOMMEND BUSH PRODUCTS TO EVEN THOSE WITH WHOM THERE IS RECIPROCAL HATRED/ VENOM.

      Quote

  22. George said:
    Hi
    I had the same problem with my box stuck on the first page of First Time Install.Not recognising the input from the Blue Button on the Remote Control.
    What worked for me was.I turned the box OFF. I then removed the cable from the satellite dish from the back of the box. Then when I turned the box on it had no signal to the tuners, but the blue button on the remote was recognised and when pushed took me to the third page. With the box still ON. I reconnected the satellite cable to the box. waited about one minute then entered my post code. A message appeared stating the post code was not recognised but that I could use the default location which I did. The unit then tuned my box to all the UK areas.
    When it had finished I was given the choice to View or enter the Menu, I entered the Menu and deleted the channels I did not want and set up the box to suit my television.
    The box has been on standby for several days now and has worked every time I have switched it on.
    I hope this might work for others stuck on the first page of the First Time Setup who find that the box will not take the Blue button input from the Remote Control.

    Thank you Oliver, that worked perfectly!

      Quote

  23. Thank you George!!
    I had the blue button problem too, looks like a firmware error that should block the blue button when there’s no signal and allow it when there is but someone at bush screwed up the coding.
    Luckily when i did what you say, my box found an old post code and used that.
    I also found that pulling the remote sensor forward a few millimeters sorted that old chestnut too.
    Much cudos to you for finding the solution.
    Bob.

      Quote

  24. Thanks again George
    same thing no blue button postcode not recognised . Good spot most people would have just thought it was random thing if they got it working

      Quote

  25. Kieron said:
    My bush bd11fsrhd32 freesat recorder needs hard drive reformating but
    Message says problems occurred and cant reformat.Is there a solution for this
    problem or is the box now scrap?

    This appears to be a common problem for this model. If you switch off then on at the mains it will work ok for a while then eventually give the message again. You should be able to watch your recorded stuff ok before you try reformatting the drive

      Quote

  26. Where can I get a manual for this? Or failing that, can someone tell me how to record please. I got an old one and can see the channels, I can view the previous owners recorded programmes, but can’t record my own and it is very frustrating. I have two LNB cables connected with 100% signal. Thanks in advance.
    Stephen

      Quote

  27. I have had this box for a few years now and its been working very well. I had a little issue or niggle about the details of each channel taking its sweet time to load. A software auto update was installed one day which fixed the slow loading of the channel details. However I have noticed for a few months now that recorder will auto record nothing, I cant stop the recording of nothing, this leaves me stuck when I want to record two channels at once.

    Once the nothing has stopped recording (whenever it feels like it) I can delete the nothing recording.

    Has any one come across this issue? Its a pain when recordings fail because the recorder has a mind of its own some times. Can’t seem to figure out whats going on.

    Regards, Paul.

      Quote

  28. I had the bad luck to buy two of these boxes, both have exactly the same fault, need to reformat but box refuses to reformat. Emailed Argos for technical help as advised and they sent me a software link which was dead (404error). Emailed them back and they said do manual update via ethernet connection. Doesn’t work either, technical help is garbage and they then admitted they do not have a clue and said ‘take it back and get it replaced if it’s in warranty’. Big help, Not. Obviously they are out of warranty or I would’ve done that in the first place. I am now going to contact trading standards as this is obviously an inherent fault. I will even splash out the few quid to take them to small claims court. I should know better though as everything I have ever bought from Argos has conked just out of warranty. Waste of money.

      Quote

  29. michelle said:
    I had the bad luck to buy two of these boxes, both have exactly the same fault, need to reformat but box refuses to reformat. Emailed Argos for technical help as advised and they sent me a software link which was dead (404error). Emailed them back and they said do manual update via ethernet connection. Doesn’t work either, technical help is garbage and they then admitted they do not have a clue and said ‘take it back and get it replaced if it’s in warranty’. Big help, Not. Obviously they are out of warranty or I would’ve done that in the first place. I am now going to contact trading standards as this is obviously an inherent fault. I will even splash out the few quid to take them to small claims court. I should know better though as everything I have ever bought from Argos has conked just out of warranty. Waste of money.

    HI Michelle – Just wondering how your getting on as Mine has just died the same way yours has… I agree totally out of warranty and I think they know that! – Tried 1st Time Install and Reformat so many times it’ been a testing week.

    How have you done a Manual Software update as I had mine set to Auto and thought it would have updated itself? Silly me…. What Hardware version do you have I have Vo.1 and Software Version V1.6.1

      Quote

  30. George said:
    Hi
    I had the same problem with my box stuck on the first page of First Time Install.Not recognising the input from the Blue Button on the Remote Control.
    What worked for me was.I turned the box OFF. I then removed the cable from the satellite dish from the back of the box. Then when I turned the box on it had no signal to the tuners, but the blue button on the remote was recognised and when pushed took me to the third page. With the box still ON. I reconnected the satellite cable to the box. waited about one minute then entered my post code. A message appeared stating the post code was not recognised but that I could use the default location which I did. The unit then tuned my box to all the UK areas.
    When it had finished I was given the choice to View or enter the Menu, I entered the Menu and deleted the channels I did not want and set up the box to suit my television.
    The box has been on standby for several days now and has worked every time I have switched it on.
    I hope this might work for others stuck on the first page of the First Time Setup who find that the box will not take the Blue button input from the Remote Control.

    This worked for me, thank you very much!

      Quote

  31. Glory, what a frightening list of problems, (some of which I too have experienced periodically, but managed to cope with!)
    Now however, If I switch on my box, all begins well: the red light goes blue… it sort of ‘thinks’ a moment, and then ‘rec’ flashes up on the front of the box. (This is how it always fired up, so I sit full of hope that the TV screen will light up and a chanel code will appear on the box!) However, ‘rec’ disappears and everything remains blank (tv screen and box screen). The blue light remains on. No amount of pushing buttons on the remote, even right up in front of the box, new battreries, or even pushing the round button on the box everywhich way has any effect whatsoever! I have of course checked the cables (but had cable input been the problem one asumes that a message ‘no input’ or something would have appeared!)
    Am I to assume that my box is a ‘binner’, and all recordings are lost?
    Q1- can I fix it?
    Q2- if not, does anyone know if I can retrieve my recordings off the hard-drive???
    Thanks in advance!

      Quote

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *