Join Freesat


Nov 14 2012

Freesat are pleased to announce the launch of the new freesat Community.

This online community is a place for our viewers to find help and support 24/7, with expert guidance from our community team, as well as generating crowd sourced replies to common questions. This is the place to share ideas and support each other, and for users to tell each other what you think about the Freesat service and what they’ve been watching.

It’s a place where we can all help each other. Freesat is fortunate to have highly articulate and knowledgeable customers, many of whom are members of joinfreesat. We hope that by our working with our customers, we’ll create a helpful and informative online resource for all; whether you’re new to Freesat, or have been with us since the beginning.

This community is part of our ongoing efforts to give the best customer service we possibly can. Freesat is extending a special, early invitation to our friends; the readers, contributors and members of joinfreesat – who would be most welcome to join in the conversation at community.freesat.co.uk.

(admin – for those of you who have asked me for a forum to discuss all things freesat, this may be your answer, so don’t forget to sign up, ask questions and assist those who ask for help whenever you have a spare few minutes).

44 Responses to “Freesat launches their new online customer community”

  1. mike65 Says:

    I was going to ask about this site starting a basic message board as it happens (digitalspy is handy but won’t have all the answers), toddles off to freesat.co.uk

      Quote

  2. Saltydawg Says:

    I’ve just been on there, it’s all a bit nice 8-/

      Quote

  3. Martin Says:

    Just registered one word for anyone at freesat this is the way you run a forum take a leaf out of join freesat the dosent matter what you put in it comes out 0 out of 0. It’s awfully they really need someone who can take controll of freesat badly

      Quote

  4. Al Catraz Says:

    I must be missing something – I’ve registered, but I can’t see any way of contributing anything. I can see the community help pages, but I have no “new message” link that this talks about. Anyone had any success with this?

      Quote

  5. Al Catraz Says:

    Al Catraz said:
    I must be missing something – I’ve registered, but I can’t see any way of contributing anything. I can see the community help pages, but I have no “new message” link that this talks about. Anyone had any success with this?

    I don’t know what I did, but somehow it works now – maybe there’s a manual authorisation process going on behind the scenes.

      Quote

  6. ian Says:

    If i go on there, i’ll feel like im cheating on JF

      Quote

  7. Martin Says:

    Al Catraz said: I don’t know what I did, but somehow it works now – maybe there’s a manual authorisation process going on behind the scenes.

    Just been back on it this morning not working for me it’s pathetic that they v put it on line at all like this I give up with them I really do

      Quote

  8. admin Says:

    Martin said: Just been back on it this morning not working for me it’s pathetic that they v put it on line at all like this I give up with them I really do

    Working fine here, might need to check your browser history/temp files.

      Quote

  9. Martin Says:

    Ok ok I am the idiot sorry I only forgot to sign in didn’t I working now what a pleb I feel right now it’s down to old age

      Quote

  10. Dave w Says:

    Ano this is off topic but is anyone else bringing out a free time freesat box
    Thanks

      Quote

  11. admin Says:

    Dave w said:
    Ano this is off topic but is anyone else bringing out a free time freesat box
    Thanks

    Yes, Manhattan and Sagemcom at this stage, but not expected until mid next year.

      Quote

  12. Al Catraz Says:

    Having been in there a couple of times now, it seems quite a good place to get quick feedback to questions/problems as there’s at least 1 freesat spokesperson reading the posts and responding – and they are passing on humax-only problems to them directly so you get a feeling that someone’s listening – time will tell I guess when the updates start rolling out.

    Navigating through to the forums is still a bit of a dark art – I’ve saved the page in my favourites to avoid having to go through the search box as it seems a bit hit and miss to me.

    I don’t think there’s any danger of people deserting this fine site just yet, Admin!

      Quote

  13. Dave w Says:

    Just a quick question please
    On the manhattan freesat recorder can you record channels that are in the star button that are non freesat channels ……

    Thanks

      Quote

  14. Liam Says:

    Unrelated to Thread but worthy of discussion: Looks like Russia Today HD is testing at the moment on 11.224 V, 27.500, 2/3. Any word on whether it might join Freesat – a SERIOUSLY welcomed HD channel in my opnion – SHould be noted that RT has gone HD on 13E and they also launched a HD version of RT Documentary – fingers crossed. any info floating around about this!

      Quote

  15. Richard Crichton Says:

    Also Playboy HD now showing EPG info. That makes 9 HD channels available to Freesat box owners if you include BBC1 NI and STV. That’s 5 more than Freeview box owners. RT HD – HD lite ish but not anamorphic at the moment at least.

      Quote

  16. paula Says:

    is anyone else having problems with ‘freezing’ and programs not recording because of ‘no signal’?

      Quote

  17. admin Says:

    paula said:
    is anyone else having problems with ‘freezing’ and programs not recording because of ‘no signal’?

    Might be worth you posting your question on the Freesat community forum this news article relates to.

      Quote

  18. mike65 Says:

    paula said:
    is anyone else having problems with ‘freezing’ and programs not recording because of ‘no signal’?

    Hi which channels “freeze”, the BBC HD channels are causing grief for some [admin]no links to that site sorry[/admin]

      Quote

  19. r.crichton Says:

    HD titties are here on PlayboyTV chat. Wonder if they will go on the EPG.

      Quote

  20. r.crichton Says:

    My mistake. Already announced as on Freesat 875. Not sure it’s HD though. Will check with the Technisat.

      Quote

  21. Richard Crichton Says:

    Looks like the non Freesat version that was trailing as HD has gone encrypted (presumably for Sky) and the Freesat version is SD 704×576.

      Quote

  22. Rosco Says:

    Richard Crichton said:
    Looks like the non Freesat version that was trailing as HD has gone encrypted (presumably for Sky) and the Freesat version is SD 704×576.

    53585 the Playboy Chat HD test has been removed.

      Quote

  23. ian Says:

    The BBC are first on Astra 2F with their new Txp carrying BBC One HD wales & Scotland.
    11024 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

      Quote

  24. Richard Crichton Says:

    ian said:
    The BBC are first on Astra 2F with their new Txp carrying BBC One HD wales & Scotland.
    11024 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

    Still showing national BBC1 HD at this time when BBC 1 Scotland is showing Scottish news.

      Quote

  25. Dave W Says:

    Hi all just been on freesat website
    And noticed they confirm 2 million sales dated September 2011…

    Must be loads more than that now then
    So hope 2013 will be a better year for freesat i.e some high profile channels would be good :-)

    After 4/5 years hope they try and get a few channels that are on freeview not gonna say what they are cos everyone knows ….

      Quote

  26. Neil Says:

    Just had a nosy on the new community forum, looks good and seems like a good move for them but I still like JF as this is a small-ish community of members sharing info and ideas of it’s own. Often news appears here first, either from word of mouth thread postings or via news admin posts, this site will remain my primary source of freesat info.

      Quote

  27. Richard Crichton Says:

    I would like Quest and Yesterday on Freesat but they are on Freeview so no big deal for me as I have both. Pick and Challenge are of course available in non Freest mode along with $ky News etc.

      Quote

  28. Dave W Says:

    Yes I agree with all them channels . Not that I know but I cannot be that hard getting them on freesat if they are all ready free channels is this right

    I know it would be much harder getting channels that are on sky cos there getting money off sky I presume . But free channels should come over

      Quote

  29. Martin Says:

    Richard Crichton said:
    I would like Quest and Yesterday on Freesat but they are on Freeview so no big deal for me as I have both. Pick and Challenge are of course available in non Freest mode along with $ky News etc.

    Yesterday quest dave I think are still sky sub but pick tv challenge are free to air add them on none freesat also the African channel brilliant do commenters and prongs worth a look

      Quote

  30. Dave W Says:

    Just seen in the news that freeview are getting
    Dave ja vu in January . That the 4th uktv channel on freeview where’s the channels coming to freesat

    I feel like we’re trailing behind freeview :-)

    And ano freesat have more channels but sometimes it’s the quality of the channels not the quantity

      Quote

  31. r.crichton Says:

    Dave W said:
    Just seen in the news that freeview are getting
    Dave ja vu in January . That the 4th uktv channel on freeview where’s the channels coming to freesat
    I feel like we’re trailing behind freeview
    And ano freesat have more channels but sometimes it’s the quality of the channels not the quantity

    Plenty of rubbish channels on Freeview as it is. Freesat isn’t in competition with Freeview. They compliment each other. All new TV’s have Freeview but Freesat has so much more choice like 10 music video channels instead of just 1.
    So the quality of all Freeview channels will be degraded as a result unless they have suddenly found more bandwith from thin air or deleted something else to make room.

      Quote

  32. Keith (original) Says:

    Dave @30. That’s odd. Dave ja vu used to be on Freeview, but was removed – or strictly speaking, it’s still there but only broadcasts a few hours after midnight.

      Quote

  33. Keith (original) Says:

    I took a quick look at the Freesat Community site. It seemed like it might be somewhere to usefully raise the recent EPG/scheduled series-linked recording issues I’ve been experiencing.

    The site is pretty, but seriously iPad unfriendly – as is their entire site in fact. It appears to be very memory/processor intensive and causes frequent freezes and crashes. It takes several seconds (10+) before typed text appears in the subject field, for example. I suspect there is excessive reliance on JavaScript and that they’re pre-loading large amounts of data into arrays etc. Not pleasant. The text is also difficult to read on an iPad.

      Quote

  34. Richard Crichton Says:

    The UKTV channels will not come to Freesat as long as they are on Sly. Stands to reason so no point keeping on asking for them unless Freesat gets lots more users. Funny that Freesat no longer gives out figures like they used to when they were growing. quickly.

      Quote

  35. Richard Crichton Says:

    Keith (original) said:
    I took a quick look at the Freesat Community site.It seemed like it might be somewhere to usefully raise the recent EPG/scheduled series-linked recording issues I’ve been experiencing.
    The site is pretty, but seriously iPad unfriendly – as is their entire site in fact.It appears to be very memory/processor intensive and causes frequent freezes and crashes. It takes several seconds (10+) before typed text appears in the subject field, for example.I suspect there is excessive reliance on JavaScript and that they’re pre-loading large amounts of data into arrays etc.Not pleasant.The text is also difficult to read on an iPad.

    Works fine on my Samsung NP-NC10 netbook with Intel Atom processor which cost me around £200 several years ago.

      Quote

  36. Rob Jones Says:

    Freesat need channels – youview next year will have ip channels and therefore having just a tv aerial will make no difference. Freesat need to get ahead of youview before it is to late.

      Quote

  37. Richard Crichton Says:

    Rob Jones said:
    Freesat need channels – youview next year will have ip channels and therefore having just a tv aerial will make no difference. Freesat need to get ahead of youview before it is to late.

    TalkTalk YouView already has lots of ip channels on demand and some are free like Warner TV OD, ABC TV OD, Primetime (which showed the Ricky Hatton fight recently BTW) and Sony TV so it already is too late imho.
    Interesting that YouView may have to change it’s name because it’s too similar to Your View though. That would be a big blow that could cost lots of dosh.
    http://www.worldtvpc.com/blog/youview-potentially-forced-to-namechange/

      Quote

  38. Saltydawg Says:

    Ive just been in ‘Live chat’ with Nic on the Freesat community website and asked why there are 3 Food Networks advertised,
    FN UK
    FN UK +1
    FN
    His reply……sorry about the confusion, there is two channels only
    FN UK
    FN UK 0+
    Still confused Lol 8-/

      Quote

  39. Neil Says:

    Word on the street is that Channel AKA is now on Ch.512, added today apparently. I’m 300 miles away from home in Cornwall at the mo so can’t check, Admin if you can have a quick nosy?

      Quote

  40. admin Says:

    Neil said:
    Word on the street is that Channel AKA is now on Ch.512, added today apparently. I’m 300 miles away from home in Cornwall at the mo so can’t check, Admin if you can have a quick nosy?

    Yep, confirmed.

      Quote

  41. shane Says:

    On freesats offical What you Get page they are quoting Pick TV and Challenge TV. See bottom of page and scroll right.

      Quote

  42. admin Says:

    shane said:
    On freesats offical What you Get page they are quoting Pick TV and Challenge TV. See bottom of page and scroll right.

    I can’t comment at this stage, but watch this space!

      Quote

  43. dave Says:

    great to see .see admin thats what we are on about some good channels
    looks like we are going places

      Quote

  44. Geof Tasker Says:

    I purchased the Humax HDR 1010S/GB 1TB last April which has been fine until now, but it now has started to freeze up, which I clear by turning off at the mains.

    Is this a fault or some sort of transmission problem, or shoul I get it replaced.

      Quote

Leave a Reply

Freesat RSS Feed Want the latest Freesat news?
You should subscribe to our RSS Feed, as you'll get all the latest Freesat news, reviews and information!