ITV has had its on-demand player in beta testing for some time now, but opened up the testing to a wider ‘closed’ audience just before Christmas, to gain valuable feedback from varying satellite dish / broadband setups.
The ITV Player is presently working on Humax Freesat receivers with an enabled broadband connection. The code for accessing the beta test has been leaked should you want to give it a go:
· Go to Freesat Information Channel 999.
· Enter the following sequence of colour keys on your remote:
· On being presented with the ITV Player launch page, press the red button to start:
· On the home page, use the arrow keys to navigate the menu. Press either OK or the right arrow key to access the selected menu item.
· Use the arrow keys to navigate the required programme. Press either OK to view the content or the right arrow key to access more episodes where available. Use the yellow button for more programme information or the blue button for Help & Terms.
· Use the Back button to navigate back through the service or the Exit button to completely exit the service.
(thanks to JA for the info)
Please note this code is not official so may be changed, but if you maybe give it a go and report your testing and feedback in our comments section below, they may keep it going.
We don’t know at this stage when the official release will take place.Enjoyed this post? Help support the site by clicking the ad below: