Manhattan have revised the existing Plaza DS-100 Freesat SD receiver offering an improved UI and other key features.
The improved model, named Plaza DS-100A offers a much more user friendly interface taken from the Plaza HD-S (but in SD) and soon to launch Plaza HDR-S. The ideal behind the update (which couldn’t be retro fit to the DS-100) is to give a much more user friendly interface in both the EPG (tv guide) and system settings.
Key features include:
– Much easier to use software
– Vastly improved graphics
– EPG can be filtered by favourites (like Plaza HDR-S)
– DS-100 could only see now & next in the channel banner, DS-100A will go 12 hours ahead
– Now & Next is displayed on Non-Freesat channels
– Non-Freesat channels can be added to favourites
– Guidance information is displayed for programmes where it is available
Whilst for some the changes appear minor, it shows Manhattan’s commitment to continually improving its products, even the DS-100 which is largely seen as an entry level Freesat standard-definition receiver.
Some comparisons between the DS-100 and DS-100A can be seen below (apologies the images are small, they take up too much bandwidth otherwise!):
At this time, satbuyer appear to be the only retailer selling this receiver, and are selling at the same price as the original version, £45 + delivery, which is a bargain.
For those of you with the existing DS-100, don’t worry, it remains one of the best Freesat SD receiver on the market today.