Join Freesat


Jan 27 2014

Freesat are releasing new software from Humax for Freesat+ HD with Freetime boxes today (27 January), this will be an update for both the 500GB & 1TB versions. Freesat HD with Freetime boxes will receive the update on 28 January.

Software details as follows:

– Model Number HDR-1000S (500GB, 1TB), HDR-1010S (1TB) & HB-1000S
– Software Version 2.00.13 (HDR) / 2.00.09 (HB)
– Update Release Date 27th / 28th January 2014

And here’s what it means for you

– YouTube V4 MPEG DASH streaming support
– UI Improvements – following customer feedback we’ve reinstated the date and time of any scheduled recordings.
– Support for new interactive services.

Freetime boxes will update automatically. But if you can’t wait, you can do this manually, simply search for new software by pressing Home, Settings, System settings, Software update and Search new software.

22 Responses to “Software update 27-28 January 2014”

  1. Mr w parsons Says:

    We have a samsung smart tv and from new in May 2012 until about 3 weeks ago all has been well, now we can rarely get I player to work, it either doesn’t connect at all OR it does then freezes making it unwatchable……..this is most disappointing…….and not acceptable to us as customers using freestat. We live in postcode are SS3 9HA
    We would be pleased to have your views on this problem.

      Quote

  2. Michael Says:

    Mr w parsons said:
    We have a samsung smart tv and from new in May 2012 until about 3 weeks ago all has been well, now we can rarely get I player to work, it either doesn’t connect at all OR it does then freezes making it unwatchable……..this is most disappointing…….and not acceptable to us as customers using freestat. We live inpostcode are SS3 9HA
    We would be pleased to have your views on this problem.

    Not too sure why you’ve posted this here as it’s not really relevant to the update.
    Anyhow, it’s not actually a freesat issue so think your definitely asking in the wrong place. You’d be better off contacting Samsung or even maybe BBCiPlayer support.

      Quote

  3. Andy Says:

    “- UI Improvements – following customer feedback we’ve reinstated the date and time of any scheduled recordings.”

    How come you didn’t get rid of the part dimmed screen following customer feedback? It is visually annoying. Please, please, please remove it. There is no need for it. I really HATE it.

      Quote

  4. Dale Says:

    Agreed about the dimmed screen. It’s really bad. Everything else though Iike !

      Quote

  5. anfield cabinet Says:

    Also, full functionality restored to the add a transponder process in non-Freesat mode. The previous software version had removed the ability to manually enter a symbol rate, e.g. 23000, so not all transponders could be scanned.

      Quote

  6. Mike Says:

    Interesting… Support for new interactive services. Wonder if this means we should becexpecting to see more on demand content of sorts in the near future?

      Quote

  7. DaveCardboard Says:

    – UI Improvements – following customer feedback we’ve reinstated the date and time of any scheduled recordings.

    Hurrah – times 10.

    Now if only they’d make the EPG “List” setting persistent….

      Quote

  8. Dave W Says:

    Mike said:
    Interesting… Support for new interactive services. Wonder if this means we should becexpecting to see more on demand content of sorts in the near future?

    Hopefully.. Netflix/Lovefilm would be fantastic! :)

      Quote

  9. Matthew Says:

    Andy said:
    How come you didn’t get rid of the part dimmed screen following customer feedback? It is visually annoying. Please, please, please remove it. There is no need for it. I really HATE it.

    Me too really don’t need it covering up my programmes.

      Quote

  10. Pete G Says:

    Hope this lets you pause Live TV & rewind, which I lost since last update.
    BUT …….

      Quote

  11. RichardC Says:

    Dave W said: Hopefully.. Netflix/Lovefilm would be fantastic!

    Yes good idea really like Lovefilm for my scifi fix just watched all 40 episodes of Stargate Universe and watching Stargate Atlantis from the start.(yes I know it’s on Pick but all the ads drive me up the wall.

      Quote

  12. Arthur Weir Says:

    When will we get pause live tv and playback back,which has disappeared since a recent update

      Quote

  13. James Cocker Says:

    Very impressed by this quick update resolving a change that was disliked in the previous update. I hope this is the start of a regular update & improvement cycle for Freesat boxes, instead of having to wait months for minor tweaks & fixes like we have in the past.

    For the record, I actually like the dark transparent gradient at the bottom of the screen, gives the box a more modern feel, rather than just showing basic info the screen like old boxes do.

      Quote

  14. Michael Says:

    Mike said:
    Interesting… Support for new interactive services. Wonder if this means we should becexpecting to see more on demand content of sorts in the near future?

    So I guess this actually meant the BBC News and BBC Sports app via red button.

      Quote

  15. Jamie Says:

    Is it my imagination that you can now record two programmes simultaneously with only one satellite feed? Last night I successfully recorded BBC1 HD and C4HD for an hour at 8pm.

      Quote

  16. Matthew Says:

    Jamie said:
    Is it my imagination that you can now record two programmes simultaneously with only one satellite feed? Last night I successfully recorded BBC1 HD and C4HD for an hour at 8pm.

    Yes it is possible to record two channels simultaneously with only one cable on Humax HDR’s, the channels just need to be on the same transponder. (Won’t go into any details as I’m not an expert)
    With two cables you can record two and watch a third and even record that third programme from the buffer once one of the other two have finished recording.
    The 1000s has always been able to do this so nothing to do with the update.

      Quote

  17. Neil Says:

    Matthew said: Yes it is possible to record two channels simultaneously with only one cable on Humax HDR’s, the channels just need to be on the same transponder. (Won’t go into any details as I’m not an expert)
    With two cables you can record two and watch a third and even record that third programme from the buffer once one of the other two have finished recording.
    The 1000s has always been able to do this so nothing to do with the update.

    Is this a new addition for the Freetime STB? I’m aware the HDR has supported it but not sure the Freetime STB has?

      Quote

  18. Roy Says:

    Hello – clicking on the link takes me nowhere. Any idea where I can get the latest software update since my Humax tells me no available upgrades, yet I know there are and need them (lost all BBC channels 2 days ago). Thanks

      Quote

  19. admin Says:

    Roy said:
    Hello – clicking on the link takes me nowhere. Any idea where I can get the latest software update since my Humax tells me no available upgrades, yet I know there are and need them (lost all BBC channels 2 days ago). Thanks

    If you have lost the BBC channels it will be because they moved to the new satellite and your existing satellite dish setup probably isn’t suitable (assuming as per your email, you are in France). You may need to get that looked at first.

      Quote

  20. Reg Says:

    [Post #19] admin [reply] Says:
    February 10th, 2014 at 10:04 am
    “If you have lost the BBC channels it will be because they moved to the new satellite and your existing satellite dish setup probably isn’t suitable (assuming as per your email, you are in France). You may need to get that looked at first.”

    Dear Admin, like Roy, I also now live in the South of France and have experienced the same, utterly frustrating vanishing of ALL Freesat channels (Not just the BBC fare…) one after the other! I have a pretty massive 130cm dish, a UK-purchased HUMAX FOXSAT-HDR TWIN TUNER 500GB box which used to deliver an astonishing 100%-Strength and 95%-quality signal from the Astra-2 28.2°East satellite. And NOW, pray? Which “new satellite” should I move my dish to? PLEASE KINDLY EXPAND since I desperately miss my HD enriched British programs especially when compared with the French tosh we get most of the time!!. Thanks in advance for your speedy response. And au revoir!

      Quote

  21. RDoody Says:

    Hi, My Humax HDR-1000S is on software version UKSFAA 2.00.13 Loader version UKSFAA 1.08 However I am still experiencing problems coming out of standby. Whilst watching TV the box just restarts. This can be very VERY frustrating. I noticed the problem started after the Jan (22?) update.

    Can you advise please as posted on the Humax forum and was advised to re-post here. Original Humax link is;

    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-jan-2014/page/16

    I am getting to the stage of the box not being fit for purpose and return it.

      Quote

  22. George Says:

    Hi

    I have had the same problem since updating last week to UKSFAA-2.02.01. Lost 0n demand. Box is over 1 year old. Get iplayer on ch 901 and can use showcase. So network connection is good. Just a problem with the update. Tried to roll bakc to earlier version using the sw on humax beta site. Loading progress starts and completes but on resta the box still has UKSFAA-2.02.01. Asked humax techsupport for advice now.

      Quote

Leave a Reply

Freesat RSS Feed Want the latest Freesat news?
You should subscribe to our RSS Feed, as you'll get all the latest Freesat news, reviews and information!