With Christmas fast approaching, we thought it might be a good idea to put together our thoughts on the best Freesat bargains available this xmas. So whether you want to snuggle down and watch none-stop programmes over the festive period, or will be so busy that you’ll need to record your favourite programmes, we have something perfect for you. Continue reading Christmas Freesat Bargains 2011
It has been brought to our attention that a number of eBay sellers are listing the Humax FOXSAT-HDR priced as low as £229.
Just a word of warning, should you see this product for sale brand new for significantly less than the major retailers, ask some serious questions about how genuine the product may be before you buy.
The current trade price does not allow for sale at such low prices. We cannot say for certain that these units are stolen, as the individual sellers may be claiming the VAT through a business then selling as an individual, but either way, the practice is questionable and could leave you without warranty cover or even your product.
If you have any questions or concerned, please add a comment. Just looking out for you guys. 😉
Don’t worry, not a massive delay, but the Humax FOXSAT-HDR so many are waiting for has unfortunately been put back a couple of weeks.
The actual reason for the delay is not being disclosed by Humax, although some beleive it’s relating to the production/assembly of the product. The Humax PVR is expected to have an official release date from Freesat, we are waiting for an updated response.
Availability in shops and online now looks likely for week commencing 24th November 2008, but possibly late that week. We suspect it might actually end up being wc 1st December 2008, given the time of year and the process still to go.
So how many hearts sank when reading that title? 🙂
Freesat have announced the launch of Freesat+ with the new Humax FOXSAT-HDR, available in UK shops from mid-November 2008. The FOXSAT-HDR is bursting with Freesat+ recording features to capture the incredible colour, sound and crystal clear images of the BBC HD channel and ITV HD red button service.
When launched, the high specification, twin tuner Humax FOXSAT-HDR will be the only way to pause, rewind and record Freesat HD digital TV, as well as access an expanding choice of SD TV, radio and interactive channels.
The massive 320GB hard drive can store up to 80 hours of HD programming, or up to 200 hours of standard definition shows, while the eight day on-screen electronic programme guide makes it easy to scan the Freesat TV schedule and plan your viewing. Because the Humax FOXSAT-HDR comes with two digital tuners, two Freesat channels can be recorded at the same time, so you never need miss a thing. And with HD highlights including Strictly Come Dancing, UEFA Champions League, Tonight with Jonathan Ross, England home games, and the FA Cup, there’s plenty you won’t want to miss.
The Humax FOXSAT-HDR guarantees a whole host of advanced recording features for the Freesat+ digital satellite service:
• Series recording – to automatically record all the episodes of your favourite shows
• Radio recording – never miss your favourite radio shows by recording individual shows, or even series record
• Live pause and instant rewind – in case you need to answer the phone or replay that crucial scene
• Schedule tracking – so recordings start and finish on time, even when broadcasters change their schedule
• Split recordings – to record two-part programmes that may have a break in the middle for a news bulletin, such as films
Emma Scott, managing director, freesat, commented:
The launch of Freesat+ with the FOXSAT-HDR is an exciting milestone for us. We’re giving viewers the freedom to enjoy all their favourite standard definition shows, as well as the likes of Strictly Come Dancing, UEFA Champions League, England home games and blockbuster movies in HD whenever and however they want – for no subscription and no extra monthly bills.
Graham North, commercial director, Humax, added:
Humax has developed a reputation for delivering highly functional but easy-to-use digital TV products and we have leveraged this expertise to develop a technologically-advanced digital TV recorder that offers the very best in recording and viewing features for Freesat.
Other features of the Humax FOXSAT-HDR include:
• Advanced digital text and interactive services
• HDMI slot for transmission of amazing high definition pictures and surround sound audio to an HD-ready TV
• Low power consumption – less than 1watt in standby mode and an automatic standby function, so the box shifts to standby mode if inactive
• Parental controls – access codes prevent children watching inappropriate content
• Audio description services for the blind or visually impaired and one-touch subtitles
• Two scart sockets for connecting other equipment such as a DVD recorder
• Dolby digital audio output
• Connecting leads and controls including HDMI cable, scart cable, remote control and batteries included
Freesat+ FOXSAT-HDR will be available to buy from UK retailers from mid-November 2008, priced at around £299 (satellite installation not included). An official release date to follow.
In our recent poll on joinfreesat.co.uk, a massive 87% of 1,315 voters said they would be dropping Sky+ for the new Freesat+ service. That’s an incredibly high figure and much more than we expected.