Join Freesat


Dec 08 2015

Joinfreesat Update ScanLatest update scan on all Freesat receivers:

3 added – 162 Drama, 163 Yesterday, 164 Really
0 deleted
0 changed

61 Responses to “Update Scan – 08/12/15”

  1. Neil Says:

    Congratulations to Freesat and UKTV, a milestone for the platform :)

      Quote

  2. mike65 Says:

    mike65 said:
    Well the EPG info is there but no actual sound and vision! Manhattan Plaza HDR-S

    Had to do a complete rescan, have them now.

      Quote

  3. Darren Says:

    The more the better. Dave dmax and quest would be nice-fingers crossed one day

      Quote

  4. JJ Says:

    Shame Dave didn’t make it. Any news on Netflix joining freetime?

      Quote

  5. stigbeater Says:

    JJ said:
    Shame Dave didn’t make it. Any news on Netflix joining freetime?

    i’m running the final netflix test build, so should be to long now.

      Quote

  6. James Blair Says:

    I really think freesat has come of age.

      Quote

  7. soldierboy001 Says:

    Fantastic another 3 channels full of old programs being repeated, over and over.

      Quote

  8. Ian Vallender Says:

    I’d recommend Freesat to anyone especially now that UKTV have joined. the only pain in the backside is that the Channels didn’t automatically appear on my dvr ! need to add all my non freesat channels lost in the rescan. also I think its practically it for new customers and those adding extra boxes needing dish work for this side of Christmas.

      Quote

  9. RAKM Says:

    With all the rumours about Dave and its reasons for not coming can anyone say if it will come say by xmas 2016?

      Quote

  10. colin james Says:

    This is great news but could somebody explain what has happened to channel 143 all I get is no picture saying no signal I am a new user to Freesat.

    colin

      Quote

  11. RichardC Says:

    soldierboy001 said:
    Fantastic another 3 channels full of old programs being repeated, over and over.

    :-) :-) :-)
    Ho ho ho

      Quote

  12. Neil Says:

    colin james said:
    This is great news but could somebody explain what has happened to channel 143 all I get is no picture saying no signal I am a new user to Freesat.
    colin

    Working fine for me.

      Quote

  13. dave Says:

    I Have recently contacted Quest ( Discovery Channel ), they stated that they had no plans to make the channel available on Freesat ?

      Quote

  14. dave Says:

    We urgently need Ch4 to make their suite of channels available on freesat in HD as it is on Freeview… I contacted them regarding this & pointed out that as Ch4 is a tax payer funded channel they had a duty to allow all of their viewers the luxury of watching them in HD.. If more freesat viewers contacted Ch4 & Ch5 regarding this I’m sure they would listen.

      Quote

  15. Paul. Says:

    dave said:
    …. pointed out that as Ch4 is a tax payer funded channel they had a duty to allow all of their viewers the luxury of watching them in HD.

    A perceived moral duty is not the same as a legal duty or one specified by the regulations that govern C4’s activities. 4 have no legal duty to make the HD channels available FTA, and there is an argument that the HD versions of E4, Film4 and More4 would not exist on satellite were it not for the assistance – either direct cash payment or uplink services not charged for – that 4 receives from Sky for keeping the HD channels exclusively pay.

    It would need a change to the broadcaster’s contract with OFCOM to force the HD versions of channels to be FTA on satellite.

    It’s been noted elsewhere that since Channel Five moved from five different regions to a single nationwide region space has been freed up on the transponder for an HD version of Channel 5. A new channel SID has appeared on the C5 transponder, just called 7750 at the moment, and as of last night it had an HD flag but there’s no “signal”. Your wish for C5HD might come true, but as I’ve noted in other threads here regarding what’s happened with UKTV, if it does it’s not because of any duty or legal requirement. It’ll be because the financial and commercial conditions are good for C5 to make the move now whereas when C5HD originally launched they weren’t.

      Quote

  16. Paul Ryan Says:

    Eventually all the missing channels with arrive on Freesat due to the temptation of more advertising revenue, UKTV have proved this after stating in the past that they have no intention of joining Freesat and now joining.

    Even Quest TV told me that they are hoping to join in the future, but they don’t know when, maybe when Sky’s bribe money is no longer enough.

      Quote

  17. Neil Says:

    Paul Ryan said:
    Eventually all the missing channels with arrive on Freesat due to the temptation of more advertising revenue, UKTV have proved this after stating in the past that they have no intention of joining Freesat and now joining.
    Even Quest TV told me that they are hoping to join in the future, but they don’t know when, maybe when Sky’s bribe money is no longer enough.

    The way things in the world of Satellite broadcasting work, both Quest and Dave will just appear one day. The staff at viewer enquiries call centres will be the last to know, it’s always the way!

      Quote

  18. Andrea Says:

    Spotted this “Arqiva Books Transponder from Eutelsat for HD Content”

    http://www.satellitetoday.com/regional/2015/12/09/arqiva-books-transponder-from-eutelsat-for-hd-content/

    Don’t know about the channels but the words Freesat and HD are in there.
    Anyone knows about this?

      Quote

  19. RichardC Says:

    There is a new FTA bike channel starting today which can be tuned in manually on Freesat boxes. Details below.

    http://www.a516digital.com/2015/12/new-free-to-air-channel-bike-launches.html

      Quote

  20. RichardC Says:

    HD should be the normal broadcast standard after all non HD tv’s are a thing of the past and 4K is the new best quality standard. There are lots of channels on Freesat not even up to full SD standard which may be ok on a tablet or phone size screen but are not ok on a 60″ lounge screen. If some of these channels mended their ways I might watch them occasionally otherwise no thanks.

      Quote

  21. RichardC Says:

    5HD for Christmas pretty please. That would make it a pretty good Freesat year.

      Quote

  22. Dan Says:

    I hope so aswell but if not still great year…
    And with Gotham starting again in February I’ll be happy if it’s on by then.

    I seen freesats Facebook has gone up by about 300/400 followers since uktv joined thanks got to be good news aswell cos probably half have bought boxes :-)

    My new box all installed so hope 2016 is a even better year.

      Quote

  23. admin Says:

    Dan said:
    And with Gotham starting again in February I’ll be happy if it’s on by then.

    I’m rather addicted to Gotham, you enjoying it?

      Quote

  24. Dan Says:

    Hi admin.
    Yes it’s amazing and says online back Monday 29th February:-)

      Quote

  25. Dan Says:

    Any yes it is a leap year I checked lol.

      Quote

  26. Neil Says:

    RichardC said:
    5HD for Christmas pretty please. That would make it a pretty good Freesat year.

    Christmas would be nice but unlikely to be until the New Year now.

      Quote

  27. Keith Cobby Says:

    RichardC said:
    HD should be the normalbroadcast standard after all non HD tv’s are a thing of the past and 4K is the new best quality standard. There are lots of channels on Freesat not even up to full SD standard which may be ok on a tablet or phone size screen but are not ok on a 60″ lounge screen. If some of these channels mended their ways I might watch them occasionally otherwise no thanks.

    I would prefer one HD channel to any number of SD, many of which as RichardC says are sub-par.

      Quote

  28. RichardC Says:

    Neil said: Christmas would be nice but unlikely to be until the New Year now.

    New series of the X Files coming to 5 soon so fingers crossed.

    http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/625751/The-X-Files-new-series-air-channel-5-2016-FBI-Agents-back-return?

      Quote

  29. Neil Says:

    RichardC said: New series of the X Files coming to 5 soon so fingers crossed.
    http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/625751/The-X-Files-new-series-air-channel-5-2016-FBI-Agents-back-return?

    Nice indeed to see this on FTA and not being hoovered up by Sky. Perhaps it’s further evidence of them tightening their belts financially which is a good thing :)

      Quote

  30. Dan Says:

    People are saying Netflix is getting rolled out today. I’m at work so cannot check till tomorrow…. More good news…..

      Quote

  31. Neil Says:

    Dan said:
    People are saying Netflix is getting rolled out today.I’m at work so cannot check till tomorrow…. More good news…..

    On a batch basis I believe. Fantastic news :)

      Quote

  32. stonedimmaculate62 Says:

    RichardC said: New series of the X Files coming to 5 soon so fingers crossed.
    http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/625751/The-X-Files-new-series-air-channel-5-2016-FBI-Agents-back-return?

    Fantastic news! Love the first run and can’t wait for the return. I see Freetime are sponsoring some ITV 2 programs like the tv series Scorpion.

      Quote

  33. stigbeater Says:

    netfilx is now being rolled out. enjoy!

      Quote

  34. Keith Cobby Says:

    I cannot understand why Netflix is relevant to Freesat?

      Quote

  35. Dan Says:

    Netflix not on my box yet. But I’m happy waiting cos I know it’s coming…..

      Quote

  36. Neil Says:

    Keith Cobby said:
    I cannot understand why Netflix is relevant to Freesat?

    Because it adds to the platform as a value added service for those wanting to pay a small amount for what they offer (and who don’t want to pay Sky for everything, most of which they don’t watch).

      Quote

  37. RichardC Says:

    Could more channels make the FTA switch? See below.

    http://www.a516digital.com/2015/12/could-more-channels-make-free-to-air.html

      Quote

  38. Dan Says:

    RichardC said:
    Could more channels make the FTA switch? See below.
    http://www.a516digital.com/2015/12/could-more-channels-make-free-to-air.html

    I think defiantly……

      Quote

  39. Gordon S Valentine Says:

    I got the update yesterday afternoon! Got to say, I’ve well pleased that I have now Netfilx on my Freesat Freetime box — http://www.gordon-valentine.com/2015/12/11/netflix-now-on-freesat-freetime/

      Quote

  40. Dan Says:

    James Blair said:
    I really think freesat has come of age.

    It’s definitely getting better. I’m so happy that uktv have joined and few more next Christmas will be fine. Thanks freesat.

      Quote

  41. Neil Says:

    Gordon S Valentine said:
    I got the update yesterday afternoon! Got to say, I’ve well pleased that I have now Netfilx on my Freesat Freetime box — http://www.gordon-valentine.com/2015/12/11/netflix-now-on-freesat-freetime/

    Checked my Freetime STB and I too now have had the Netflix update. Not played with it yet but very much a welcome addition, I guess Freesat waiting until they’ve fully completed phased rollout prior to issuing a press release?

      Quote

  42. Chet Says:

    Changing the subject a bit. I love the interface, but the only thing I miss is a feature my skybox had; I could set a reminder for a series, not just a particular date. How do I send a request for that feature?

      Quote

  43. Neil Says:

    Chet said:
    Changing the subject a bit.I love the interface, but the only thing I miss is a feature my skybox had; I could set a reminder for a series, not just a particular date. How do I send a request for that feature?

    You mean a series link request? You can do this from the guide or the Freesat app. It won’t do a ‘season link’, i.e. recording multiple series but for most series link is good enough.

      Quote

  44. Chet Says:

    Neil said: You mean a series link request? You can do this from the guide or the Freesat app. It won’t do a ‘season link’, i.e. recording multiple series but for most series link is good enough.

    Well, I mean a series link reminder, not record. So, everytime a particular show is about to start, a reminder pops up.

      Quote

  45. Neil Says:

    Chet said: Well, I mean a series link reminder, not record. So, everytime a particular show is about to start, a reminder pops up.

    Not sure it does that on a series basis, certainly per programme it can be done but that’s about it.

      Quote

  46. James Blair Says:

    Reminders are a legacy function of sky. Users of tivo complained and got it, but tivo hq hated the function. But modern pvr, are just about recording/timeshifting/catchup or extra download services. Reminding about a tv show being on is an old fashioned way of viewing. If you want that function and some record i would have gone for the non pvr hb 1000s

      Quote

  47. RichardC Says:

    Netflix has a dedicated help page for Humax Freetime boxes.

    https://help.netflix.com/en/node/26133

      Quote

  48. mike65 Says:

    Well the EPG info is there but no actual sound and vision! Manhattan Plaza HDR-S

      Quote

  49. Chet Says:

    Neil said: Not sure it does that on a series basis, certainly per programme it can be done but that’s about it.

    I am just making a wish list item, and currently it can’t be done in a Human box; it is easy to setup a series reminder in a Skybox.

      Quote

  50. Chet Says:

    My Human freest box is 1000S, but the Netflix app is not listed yet. The link above says my freesat box works with Netflix. Is there anything I need to do to get the Netflick symbol under the On Demand section? Thanks for your time.

      Quote

  51. JamesB Says:

    no the roll out of the software to enable Netflix has only just started. all boxes will download this in time.
    BTW Admin all the other comments above 51 have vanished!

      Quote

  52. Chet Says:

    JamesB said:
    no the roll out of the software to enable Netflix has only just started. all boxes will download this in time.
    BTW Admin all the other comments above 51 have vanished!

    Yes, all replies have disappeared!

      Quote

  53. admin Says:

    Trying to figure it out, no idea why they have disappeared, as they still show as active/approved in the control panel!

      Quote

  54. James Blair Says:

    Admin: there’s forums buzzing with the HD channel testing on the capacity which was from channel 5’s old regional channels. Could it be Channel 5 HD is coming to freesat afterall?! Is Santa coming to us?

      Quote

  55. admin Says:

    James Blair said:
    Admin: there’s forums buzzing with the HD channel testing on the capacity which was from channel 5’s old regional channels. Could it be Channel 5 HD is coming to freesat afterall?! Is Santa coming to us?

    Nothing official.

      Quote

  56. Dan Says:

    Netflix is now on my box .😊
    It looks great and seems quite fast….

      Quote

  57. Tim Says:

    admin said: Nothing official.

    If I may, please, I’d suggest keeping lines open to Freesat on this particular matter because Viacom’s most recent moves are not inconsistent with a longer term policy of making C5 HD free to air and putting it on Freesat. :-)

      Quote

  58. admin Says:

    All comments are back, had to revert back to an older software version. Will stick with this one for now as it removed most comments from every post ever made!!!

      Quote

  59. Charlie Says:

    Looks like this year will see the launch of a new Country music channel on 24th Jan. Source: http://www.philmackcountry.com/

    And according to information posted on Digital Spy forum, it looks like Eden, Good Food, and Home will be joining sometime this year aswell. Including Channel 5 + 24 becoming Milkshake. Though can’t find an official source for this information. Source: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2125410&page=2

    And with Talking Pictures being added to the service soonish, it’s not looking too bad for Freesat at the moment.

      Quote

  60. Anthony Says:

    It’s good to see a new 24h a day country music channel on Freesat Sky and Freeview HD since the demise of Country Music Television (Europe) owned by United Artists in the late 90’s to launch later this month.

    The addition of Eden, Good Food and Home to the Freesat platform will be other great additions when they come too. Dave cannot launch on Freesat at present due to rights issues but will eventually come to the platform in time. All good things come to those who wait!

      Quote

  61. furryferal Says:

    RichardC said:
    HD should be the normalbroadcast standard after all non HD tv’s are a thing of the past and 4K is the new best quality standard. There are lots of channels on Freesat not even up to full SD standard which may be ok on a tablet or phone size screen but are not ok on a 60″ lounge screen. If some of these channels mended their ways I might watch them occasionally otherwise no thanks.

    That may be your ‘normal standard’ of viewing on your utd hd TV but fortunately broadcasters are dictated by law to providing viewing for the majority, the less fortunate 99% and not to the whims of the few, Also we have a government who considers our aging populations ability to not only keep up with tech but also the ability to afford to upgrade appliances, not to mention the cost to hospitals, social care facilities and all the other establishments who would have to incur the costs of upgrading to hd.So,I can safely say,HD may be here, but you’ll have a 15-20 yr wait before SD is gone.Pmsl

      Quote

Leave a Reply

Freesat RSS FeedWant the latest Freesat news?
You should subscribe to our RSS Feed, as you'll get all the latest Freesat news, reviews and information!