Join Freesat


eToro - Be part of the social trading success


Aug 29 2012

Joinfreesat Update ScanLatest update scan on all Freesat receivers:

3 added – 150-152 Channel 4 C4 Paralympics
0 deleted –
0 changed –

46 Responses to “Update Scan – 29/08/12”

  1. steven.w Says:

    looking forward to it, good to see Freesat has come up with the goods again.

      Quote

  2. Richard Crichton Says:

    Another 3 permanaent HD channels from 4 after the Paralympics are over would be ideal and great for Freesat.

      Quote

  3. Keith (original) Says:

    I thought there were supposed to be six temporary Paralympic channels from C4?

      Quote

  4. Rosco Says:

    Keith (original) said:
    I thought there were supposed to be six temporary Paralympic channels from C4?

    There are – 3 HD & 3 SD! :D

      Quote

  5. Rosco Says:

    Interestingly SKy Italia have launched 10 – 5 HD & 5SD.

      Quote

  6. Neil Says:

    Richard Crichton said:
    Another 3 permanaentHD channels from 4 after the Paralympics are over would be ideal and great for Freesat.

    Could possibly be in the pipeline, fingers crossed. I guess a lot of work has been put in to the Paralympics coverage by C4 which will have occupied their time in recent Months above any extra HD expansion.

      Quote

  7. Keith (original) Says:

    Rosco said: There are – 3 HD & 3 SD!

    Ah!

    It would be great if at least one of these (HD) channels could be retained after the games for Film4 HD (with 5.1 sound).

      Quote

  8. Martin Says:

    All this for free now that’s what freesat s about I like it I wont be paying Murdock any time soon I wouldn’t pay sky s over priced packages anyway great we geting a good service now hope more channels take an Intrest

      Quote

  9. Keith (original) Says:

    Watching Opening Ceremony – sadly, sound really rather naff!

      Quote

  10. Derek Says:

    For those who have not already discovered it, the Panasonic DMR-BS850EBK requires a factory reset to get all the new C4 channels.

    You will otherwise get the “No signal” legend.

    It’s the same problem as the Olympic channels.

    You do NOT lose your recordings stored on the hard drive, but you will need to re-enter any future recordings that you had set.

      Quote

  11. Neil Says:

    Derek said:
    For those who have not already discovered it, the Panasonic DMR-BS850EBK requires a factory reset to get all the new C4 channels.
    You will otherwise get the “No signal” legend.
    It’s the same problem as the Olympic channels.
    You do NOT lose your recordings stored on the hard drive, but you will need to re-enter any future recordings that you had set.

    Here we go again…. What is it about when Sky uplink these services as opposed to when other operators do it. I don’t ever recall doing factory resets when 4HD, NHK HD or BBC1HD joined the platform! I’m away this week but back tomorrow so will check but I guess the BS750 has the same issues, thankfully last time my Panasonic Freesat TV was ok and displayed them all. Derek, are all three affected as one is on a separate transponder to the other two.

      Quote

  12. patsy Says:

    Any of these channels ADVERT free??? Really spoilt it.

      Quote

  13. Richard Crichton Says:

    patsy said:
    Any of these channels ADVERT free???Really spoilt it.

    The adverts are what pay for the non BBC channels. Would you rather pay a subscription?

      Quote

  14. Soldierboy 001 Says:

    It’s the adverts that make it free to you.

      Quote

  15. Neil Says:

    I have no issue with ads, people were moaning the opening ceremony was full of ads but they were strategically placed in my opinion and didn’t ruin my enjoyment of the evening. I think C4 did a good job, Jon Snow was a bit serious at times but that’s his character, Krishten and Clare Balding did well too.

      Quote

  16. Matt Says:

    No Paralympic channels this morning on my Humax. Had to do a Freesat tune, sorted.

      Quote

  17. Matt Says:

    I hate adverts with a passion but this time round I don’t mind as we get to see Superhuman athletes live on Channel 4/HD and 3 dedicated HD channels for FREE. I’m watching the cycling in the Velodrome on one of the dedicated as we speak, yet to see an advert! Watch the events you want live on the dedicated channels and record the Channel 4 coverage. When the adverts come on your recorded coverage press the forward button twice, wala they’re gone :)

      Quote

  18. Anthony Says:

    Keith (original) said: Ah! It would be great if at least one of these (HD) channels could be retained after the games for Film4 HD (with 5.1 sound).

    I agree there. Film4HD on one of those channels with DD5.1 would be perfect!

      Quote

  19. Richard Crichton Says:

    Why does the BBC insist on inflicting the ridiculous US presidential election boring carry on on us? It’s mostly incomprehenable to people in the UK and who gives a monkeys anyhow. Every night on 5Live (via Freesat naturally) they are on the phone to someone in the US droning on about senator this or senator that. I bet the US don’t even mention our elections on their media and why should they. Please BBC give us something a bit more interesting to listen too.

      Quote

  20. Richard Crichton Says:

    Anthony said: I agree there. Film4HD on one of those channels with DD5.1 would be perfect!

    Commercial breaks ruin a good film so not Film4 HD please.

      Quote

  21. Derek Says:

    Neil said: Here we go again…. What is it about when Sky uplink these services as opposed to when other operators do it. I don’t ever recall doing factory resets when 4HD, NHK HD or BBC1HD joined the platform! I’m away this week but back tomorrow so will check but I guess the BS750 has the same issues, thankfully last time my Panasonic Freesat TV was ok and displayed them all. Derek, are all three affected as one is on a separate transponder to the other two.

    Neil, no, as you correctly guessed it is two of the three.

    Referring to other postings, personally I hated the adverts in such an important national event. Totally inappropriate, and disrespectful to the countries who were not featured whilst the adverts were shown.

      Quote

  22. Neil Says:

    Derek said: Neil, no, as you correctly guessed it is two of the three.
    Referring to other postings, personally I hated the adverts in such an important national event.Totally inappropriate, and disrespectful to the countries who were not featured whilst the adverts were shown.

    Well I took the plunge this evening and reset the Panny BS750 as I thought after the ITV Txp move it would sort the ITV1HD issue out (since it’s modulation change on 10936V) but to no avail even after it had moved transponders. It only takes about 20 mins or so to re-setup, helps with screenshots of the menus too!

    Derek, I heard that breaks in the athletes procession were put in the opening ceremony last night to allow broadcasters to air ads.

      Quote

  23. ian Says:

    Richard Crichton said: Commercial breaks ruin a good film so not Film4 HD please.

    Eh? You DONT want Film4HD because it will have commercials in it?!!!
    So on that basis, you was against ITVHD/ITV1HD, Channel4HD and you will hate the &^%£ out of Channel5HD as/when it comes!

      Quote

  24. admin Says:

    ian said: Eh? You DONT want Film4HD because it will have commercials in it?!!!
    So on that basis, you was against ITVHD/ITV1HD, Channel4HD and you will hate the &^%£ out of Channel5HD as/when it comes!

    Suspect Richard is referring specifically to films with ad breaks rather than normal programmes. I can’t watch films with commercial breaks either.

      Quote

  25. Richard Crichton Says:

    admin said: Suspect Richard is referring specifically to films with ad breaks rather than normal programmes. I can’t watch films with commercial breaks either.

    It’s one of the things few Sky got right. No commercials on their film channels during the films.

      Quote

  26. ASK Says:

    Derek 10, 21, Neil 11, 22,

    I have a Panasonic DMR- BS850, and did not need to retune, as I had for the Olympics.

    As for watching films with adverts. Its not a live event, so I just record, and skip when watching.

      Quote

  27. Brian Damage Says:

    Richard Crichton said: It’s one of the things few Sky got right. No commercials on their film channels during the films.

    But how do you stop to make a mug of tea, or pop to the loo, if thre are no adverts?

      Quote

  28. conor Says:

    lets hope after the para olimpics channel 4 put more 4 hd and film4 hd on freesat and hopefully channel 5 hd also fingers crossed

      Quote

  29. Derek Says:

    ASK said:
    Derek 10, 21, Neil 11, 22,
    I have a Panasonic DMR- BS850, and did not need to retune, as I had for the Olympics.
    As for watching films with adverts. Its not a live event, so I just record, and skip when watching.

    Err, right. Well you have an amazing machine. :-) I have two units here. On the one that has NOT been factory reset I currently have “No signal” on Channels 151 and 152. The one that has been reset is working correctly. Channel 150 works normally whatever you do.

    Would you care to enlighten us further?

      Quote

  30. Richard Crichton Says:

    Brian Damage said: But how do you stop to make a mug of tea, or pop to the loo, if thre are no adverts?

    Ever heard of live pause?

      Quote

  31. Neil Says:

    ASK said:
    Derek 10, 21, Neil 11, 22,
    I have a Panasonic DMR- BS850, and did not need to retune, as I had for the Olympics.
    As for watching films with adverts. Its not a live event, so I just record, and skip when watching.

    Can you check what version of firmware your running as the only difference between the 750 & 850 is HDD capacity. It’s odd yours worked but I didn’t have any working on mine. They are ok now after the factory reset.

      Quote

  32. ASK Says:

    Neil 31, my grandson has been staying for a week, so I had not looked at the channels until friday.I have a Humax – HDR, so if the channels on the BS850 had not generated themselves I would not have bothered, unlike the olympics, where I wanted to put certain things on disc, so I had to return my unit to shipping conditions. I have tried to bring up the firmware but, don’t seem to be able to find it. My box is not connected to my router at present as things have been moved, and I need a longer cable, don’t know if this could be the reason If you can suggest anything I will give it a go.

    Derek 29, I don’t post very often, as I am not very computor or keyboard savvy, and it takes me a while to post, so I tend to limit them to posts in support of Freesat, or helping other people, who may have the same equipment as myself, so why would I waste my time posting lies.

    I looked for the channels, and they were there. Hope that enlightens you

    Sorry I don’t have a smiley face for you, but I don’t know how to generate them. I tend to leave them for my grandchildren.

      Quote

  33. Muzer Says:

    Intrigued at the prospect of new HD channels from 4. Does Freeview get any love as well, with their mystery fifth stream that the BBC are selling/have sold off?

      Quote

  34. Neil Says:

    Derek: There’s a menu in ‘other’ settings under the settings menu that gives the software revision (I think – will need to double check on the actual unit), would be curious to know if your on a later software version that my unit has not picked up on.

    Muzer: The general consensus is that C5 may have got that slot if the terms are favourable with the BBC (and out of Ofcom’s remit in terms of native HD quotas). I reckon personally that QVC HD will get the daytime hours with C5 HD having time-shared use between 1900 and midnight or 0100. Perhaps Des will sell the overnights to a HD porn channel, that would be a first!!

    Obviously if and when C5HD goes FTA on Satellite it would be a 24/7 simulcast, just as it is now. I heard QVC is going HD soon too, a HD shopping channel, presume that will be joining the platform as well.

      Quote

  35. Muzer Says:

    The BBC have stated that they will disallow shopping and adult applications, I’m pretty sure – actually, come to think of it, that might be wrt local TV… Anyone remember?

      Quote

  36. Neil Says:

    Muzer said:
    The BBC have stated that they will disallow shopping and adult applications, I’m pretty sure – actually, come to think of it, that might be wrt local TV… Anyone remember?

    Well that would rule out QVC HD then as I’m sure they’d love to get on Freeview HD seen as they are the first shopping channel to go HD. Not that I’m saying shopping channels in HD are great folks, just making the point!

    Money talks in this game and I bet if QVC and C5 got their heads together then the BBC would take the money. Saying that it could go to C4, personally I’d like the beeb to keep BBC HD alongside BBC2HD but that’s wishful thinking!!

      Quote

  37. antony Says:

    http://recombu.com/digital/news/what-is-freesat_M10877.html

    freesat g2 box sagemcom announced on Tuesday?
    did a freesat g2 search resulting in above story – sorry if already common knowledge.

      Quote

  38. admin Says:

    antony said:
    http://recombu.com/digital/news/what-is-freesat_M10877.html
    freesat g2 box sagemcom announced on Tuesday?
    did a freesat g2 search resulting in above story – sorry if already common knowledge.

    G2 will be announced on Tuesday after the press morning; I’ll have the information posted at 9.30am on Tuesday I believe; Sagemcom does seem likely to be the first to release, though unsure when yet…hopefully they’ll produce a much better unit than the G1 versions!!!!

      Quote

  39. ian Says:

    Neil said: Well that would rule out QVC HD then as I’m sure they’d love to get on Freeview HD seen as they are the first shopping channel to go HD. Not that I’m saying shopping channels in HD are great folks, just making the point!
    Money talks in this game and I bet if QVC and C5 got their heads together then the BBC would take the money. Saying that it could go to C4, personally I’d like the beeb to keep BBC HD alongside BBC2HD but that’s wishful thinking!!

    Shopping, slapper channels and so on, don’t qualify for the restrictions Ofcom have in place.
    BBC can sell the slot but have to make sure it suitable and they agree with Ofcom that slapper channels and shopping is a no-no as it devalues the product massively.
    QVC HD is not for DTT, Film4HD, Channel4HD, E4HD..that kind is fit for DTT and rightly so.

      Quote

  40. Neil Says:

    I thought now that Ofcom have effectively licensed the bandwidth twice (without a successful conclusion) it’s now down to the BBC whether they use it for themselves or sub it on their terms, rather than Ofcom’s) to someone else? I agree it de-values the product, at the time Ofcom advertised the bandwidth it looked like E4 and Film4 wouldn’t qualify unless they went in as a timeshare with an existing PSB (such as C5).

    Admin: interesting news about G2, will be keen to see what’s on offer once you publish on Tues.

      Quote

  41. Neil Says:

      Quote

  42. admin Says:

    Neil said:
    A taster of what’s to come when G2 is announced tomorrow:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/katherine-rushton/9515879/Threat-to-BSkyB-as-Freesat-partners-with-Netflix.html#

    Also posted on here, though this story shouldn’t have been leaked just yet!

    http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/freesat-announce-partnership-with-netflix/

      Quote

  43. Robert Says:

    Problem with Channel 119HD.
    Did box scan July2012 to get GranadaHD back- was fine until Sept5 when Meridian has appeared – why is this happening?
    (No alterations have been made to postcode & no alteration to any settings on the Humax Foxsat PVR)

    Is this situation temporary while frequencies are being changed or will a box scan be needed to restore GranadaHD– if scan needed when should it be done?

    Hope you can help…

      Quote

  44. Neil Says:

    Robert said:
    Problem with Channel 119HD.
    Did box scan July2012 to get GranadaHD back- was fine until Sept5 when Meridian has appeared – why is this happening?
    (No alterations havebeen made to postcode & no alteration to any settings on the Humax Foxsat PVR)
    Is this situation temporary while frequencies are being changed or will a box scan be needed to restore GranadaHD– if scan needed when should it be done?
    Hope you can help…

    Hi Robert, rescan as it appears Meridian has been migrated on to the old Granada HD feed transponder-wise. Granada is now on new parameters, presumably you have a Humax as the overnight housekeeping should sort this by itself if you leave the unit on standby overnight?

      Quote

  45. Richard Crichton Says:

    UPDATE 07/09/12 – BBC Updates The BBC leased Astra 1N t 28.2 degrees east frequency of 10.847 V, SR 23.000, FEC 8/9, DVB-S2 QPSK is changing parameters, from the 27th of September 10.847 V will be SR 23.000, FEC 2/3, DVB-S2 8PSK, this change is to accommodate some extra new BBC 1 HD channels which will be launching soon after, BBC 1 HD Wales, BBC 1 HD Scotland, and BBC 1 HD Northern Ireland are coming soon, 10.847 V is already in the process of being cleared of other non BBC channels to accommodate the nations, hurrah for the nations! hip hip hurrah!
    http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra1n.htm

      Quote

  46. Richard Crichton Says:

    Neil said: Hi Robert, rescan as it appears Meridian has been migrated on to the old Granada HD feed transponder-wise. Granada is now on new parameters, presumably you have a Humax as the overnight housekeeping should sort this by itself if you leave the unit on standby overnight?

    Living in Scotland. I’m using a borders post code to get ITV player on my Manhattan HD-S yet 119 is ITV1 HD London not Granada. Weird.

      Quote

Leave a Reply

Freesat RSS Feed Want the latest Freesat news?
You should subscribe to our RSS Feed, as you'll get all the latest Freesat news, reviews and information!